The Fairbanks Soil & Water Conservation District (FSWCD) is an outreach and technical assistance organization whose mission is to serve its cooperators, private landowners, and all citizens of the district by promoting wise development and conservation of natural resources. The person who is selected for this position will be required to complete various technical projects for FSWCD and will be responsible for assisting with our annual Tree and Shrub Sale, cover crop research, soil sampling program, public outreach, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with organization and management of an annual Tree and Shrub Sale, including data entry, customer service, display creation, and other duties.
2. Assist in cover crop variety research trials including planting, monitoring growth characteristics, and harvesting for biomass
3. Prepare soil samples from landowners (farms, gardens, lawns) and analyze soil test results
4. Educational outreach and teaching as required (such as the Tanana Valley State Fair, or youth education activities)
5. Other duties as assigned
1. Background in natural resource fields, especially with agriculture or farming
2. Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
3. Computer literate, especially Microsoft Office
4. Self-starter! Ability to work independently and as a team player
5. Applicants MUST possess a valid Alaska driver’s license (or the ability to obtain one upon starting) and be able to pass a federal background check.
Wages and Benefits:
This position will be 30-40 hrs/week from early May through August 2022. The rate of pay will be $17-19 / hour, DOE.
Timeline: Early May- September, start date is flexible
How to Apply:
Apply by March 15th, 2022
Cover letter, resume, and 3 references may be emailed to email@example.com